Learn & Explore Opportunities
- KidCitizen – Connect the past to the present through primary sources and engaging interactive activities for kids of all ages.
- Midewin At Home: #AllInIllinois Webinar Series – Gain information on natural resources & conservation topics with ties to the prairie.
- National Archives – Experience U.S. History through a variety of resources for research, learning or fun.
- Outdoor I Spy Heritage Park– Stroll through the park at the museum and try to see what you can spy with your detective eye!
- Smithsonian Digital Volunteer – Help transcribe historical documents and data while learning and making your mark in history!
- Smithsonian’s History Explorer – Dive into history from daily life to pop culture through through video, activities and more.
- Twisted Timeline – Untangle the historic events listed and match them with the correct year.
- Tour – Historic Downtown – Explore downtown Oswego virtually or by foot.
- Tour – Stonehouse Walking Tour – Discover local stonehouses virtually or by foot.
History from Home – Virtual Visits
- American Battlefield Trust
- Anne Frank House
- Google Arts & Culture
- History of Science Museum
- Little White School Museum Gallery Tour
- The Museum of Flight
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- National Women’s History Museum
- The Olympic Museum
- Smithsonian Museum of American History
Fun First Facts!
- Do you know when the first traffic light was installed in Oswego? How about the telephone? First business? Discover fun facts and interesting info in our Oswego Firsts Brochure.
Local History Resources
- Kendall County GenWeb (excellent local history site)
- Kendall County Historical Society
- Oswego Public Library
- Aurora Historical Society
- Illinois Trails History and Genealogy
- Batavia Historical Society
- Geneva Historical Society
- Naper Settlement
- St. Charles Heritage Center
- Joliet Area Historical Museum
- History on the Fox