Turtle Rock, the stone and timber home at the west end of the Oswego Bridge, has been an Oswego landmark for a century and a half. Built as a barn and commercial building, it was remodeled into a private residence and tea room in 1929 using material salvaged from the former Parker gristmill. How did Turtle Rock acquire its name? How is it connected to “The Fox”, Oswego’s homegrown ecological crusader? For these answers and more, join current owner John Brodemus for an engaging presentation on the history of Turtle Rock. Pre-registration is recommended, but walk-in registration the day of the program is welcome. Hosted by the Oswegoland Heritage Association in partnership with the Oswegoland Park District. 1:30-3:30pm. Suitable for ages 16+.
- This event has passed.